Victoria Falls Safari
A Victoria Falls Safari is one of the best activities to enjoy. Victoria Falls River Lodge is situated in the Zambezi National Park, home to some of Africa’s most fascinating animals. Elephant, hippo, crocodile, buffalo, giraffe, zebra, sable, kudu, impala wild dog and the occasional big cat can be viewed in the park (to name but a few).
Our trained Field Guides offer guests several safari options.
A choice of two of the following game activities is included in our accommodation rate:
- Morning / Afternoon Game Drive and
- Sunrise / Sunset River Cruise
Morning Game Drive
For the ultimate victoria falls safari experience, head out in a game-viewer to explore the 150,000 acres that make up the Zambezi National Park. Armed with hot beverages and a delicious supply of traditionally baked ‘rusks’, be the first to catch the ‘bush telegraphs’ early broadcast of the previous night’s events.
Afternoon Game Drive
Alternatively, track a magnificent elephant herd as they move silently through the bush or admire stately giraffe as they effortlessly weave their way through spikey acacia thicket – stopping to enjoy the phenomenal sunset with sun-downers and a variety of scrumptious snacks – before returning to Camp for dinner.
Game Activities included in the Accommodation Rate
|Typical Summer Departure Times||Typical Winter Departure Times|
|Morning: 06h00 – 08h0
Afternoon: 17h00 – 19h00
|Morning: 06h30 – 08h30
Afternoon: 16h30 – 18h30
Child Policy for Game Drives:
A choice of 2 x Game Activities (i.e. morning / afternoon game drive and sunrise/sunset river cruise) per person per day – subject to availability and the below conditions:
Game Drive (incl. snacks and soft beverages)
- Children aged 0-3 years are not permitted on game drives
- Junior Discoverers Drive (incl. snacks and soft beverages)
- Aimed at children aged 4-7 years accompanied by at least 1 parent – subject to vehicle capacity
- Outside of standard Game Drive times – timing is seasonal and in consultation with Management
- Families wishing to take children aged 4 – 7 years on game drive during standard early morning / late afternoon game drive times (i.e. not Junior Discoverers Drive) will require a sole use game viewer – per details above.
- ‘Standard’ game drives for children aged 8 years and older are included in the rate
- Management reserves the right to remove any unruly / disruptive children from the vehicle and return them to Camp before resuming the game drive.
|Sole Use Game Viewer||
Sole use of a vehicle for game drives is subject to the availability of vehicles on the day i.e. if sufficient vehicles are available on a particular drive, no charge shall be levied.Guests wishing to secure a guaranteed sole use game drive vehicle may pre-book this at the additional rate of $220.00 per drive. (T’s &C’s apply)
Note: Families wishing to take children aged 4 – 7 years on game drive during standard early morning / late afternoon game drive times (i.e. not Junior Discoverers Drive) will require a sole use game viewer – per details above.