Victoria Falls Activities For Adventure Lovers
Being on holiday looks different to different people.
For some, leaping off a bridge and hurtling through the air at terrifying speeds is an exhilarating must-do in order to shake off built-up stress caused by working long hours.
Others find their Zen via gentler means – such as spa treatments, scenic walks, communing with nature and/or relaxing cruises whilst sipping cocktails at sundown.
Small wonder that finding a destination that appeals to adventure seekers and comfort lovers alike has (therefore) been a challenge for holiday-makers since the beginning of time.
Victoria Falls River Lodge seamlessly solves this age-old traveling dilemma by offering an array of leisure activities that cater to (almost) every preference there is.
Activities – For Adventure Seekers:
- Bungee Jumping: Dive off the Victoria Falls Bridge and experience 111m of pure adrenaline filled excitement.
- Helicopter Flights: Viewing the eye-watering beauty of the Victoria Falls from the air will leave you in awe.
- Gorge Swing: Ever wanted to swing off the edge of the world? Well here’s your chance. The gorge is a stomach churning 316m wide and 120m deep. This wild ride involves a 70m freefall followed by a hair-raising 95m pendulum swing over an abyss.
- Zip Lining: This little adventure will take you over a 425m gorge at a top speed of 106kph. A need for speed fulfilled.
- Canopy Tours: Enjoy a bird’s eye view of some of the most spectacular sites while traversing 9 slides and a cable bridge walkway. Definitely a walk in the clouds.
- White Water Rafting: Just below the Victoria Falls, you will find some of the best white water rafting around. At a grade 5 rating, this is as wet and wild as it gets!
Activities – For Peace Seekers:
- Spa Treatments: Victoria Falls River Lodge’s Toa Spa is set upon a raised deck and boasts spectacular river views. Utilizing the world-renowned, all-natural Africology range, the body is treated in biological harmony whilst guests enjoy an authentically African experience.
- Fishing: With over 75 species of fish, this is truly a fisherman’s nirvana. Bring along your own equipment or take advantage of the fishing poles and tackle provided by some operators.
- Canoeing: ½ day trips along the river provides the opportunity to see a multitude of wildlife in the most picturesque of settings.
- Game Viewing: Embark on either a driving or walking tour, depending on how up close and personal you would like to get.
- River Cruise: Join us in exploring the river, islands, channels and freshwater beaches where crystal clear waters abound. Being within a hairs breadth of stunning wildlife, while sipping wine and nibbling on exotic edibles, is as close to heaven on earth as you are likely to get.
So much to do, so little time!
One thing is for certain; whether opting for the Fast and Furious – or selecting the Slow and Steady – guests at Victoria Falls River Lodge will never be bored!