Victoria Falls Activities For Adventure Lovers
Searching for a holiday destination that caters for the whole family isn’t always easy. Finding activities that excite adventure seekers and comfort lovers can in fact be hellish. Victoria River Falls Lodge seamlessly solves this age-old traveling dilemma.
Activities – For Adventure Seekers:
- Bungee Jumping: Dive off the Victoria Falls Bridge and experience 111m of pure adrenaline filled excitement.
- Helicopter Flights: Viewing the eye-watering beauty of the Victoria Falls from the air will leave you in awe.
- Gorge Swing: Ever wanted to swing off the edge of the world? Well here’s your chance. The gorge is a stomach churning 316m wide and 120m deep. This wild ride involves a 70m freefall followed by a hair-raising 95m pendulum swing over an abyss.
- Zip Lining: This little adventure will take you over a 425m gorge at a top speed of 106kph. A need for speed fulfilled.
- Canopy Tours: Enjoy a bird’s eye view of some of the most spectacular sites while traversing 9 slides and a cable bridge walkway. Definitely a walk in the clouds.
- White Water Rafting: Just below the Victoria Falls, you will find some of the best white water rafting around. At a grade 5 rating, this is as wet and wild as it gets!
Activities – For Peace Seekers:
- Fishing: With over 75 species of fish, this is truly a fisherman’s nirvana. Bring along your own equipment or take advantage of the fishing poles and tackle provided by some operators.
- Canoeing: ½ day trips along the river provides the opportunity to see a multitude of wildlife in the most picturesque of settings.
- Game Viewing: Embark on either a driving or walking tour, depending on how up close and personal you would like to get.
- River Cruise: A number of operators are available to guide you along the river. Islands, channels, and beaches with crystal clear waters abound. Being within a hairs breath of stunning wildlife while sipping wine and nibbling on exotic edibles is as close to heaven on earth as you are likely to get.
So much to do, so little time – the mantra of the traveling family!