VICTORIA FALLS RIVER LODGE – WEATHER
Zimbabwe weather see rains falling primarily during December, January, February and March. By April and May most of the rain is gone leaving the veld, which is starting to dry out, verdant. The night-time temperatures start to drop in late March.
Nights in June, July and August become much cooler, so guests are advised to bring some warmer clothing. The days are clear, warm and often cloudless and game sightings improve continually.
During September and October the temperatures rise once again and guests can expect to see some fantastic game, as Zimbabwe’s wildlife concentrates around the limited water sources.
November, although hot and dry, can also experience the season’s first rainfall.
What To Pack
While on Safari in Zimbabwe, it is wise to choose clothing in neutral, colours such as brown, khaki, stone or beige which attract less attention thus enabling one to get closer to the wild animals. It is advisable to layer your clothing as this provides more warmth when necessary and allows you to remove clothing during the hottest period of the day.
Essential Clothing To Pack
- Neutral-coloured clothing
- Protective hat or cap
- Warm sweater or jacket for cooler evenings
- Light-weight rain jacket
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Comfortable shorts & T-shirts (daytime)
- Long sleeved shirts and trousers (night time)
Essential Personal Items To Pack
- Insect repellent
- Suitable Sunblock (SPF 15+) and after-sun lotion
- Moisturizer, lip balm
- UV Protection sunglasses plus protective case
- Camera, film or memory card and spare batteries
- Reading and writing material (journal)
For more information on what to pack, see our Victoria Falls packing guide.